Internship (40 hours per week)
The International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance unites governments and experts to strengthen, advance, and promote Holocaust education, remembrance, and research worldwide and to uphold the commitments of the 2000 Stockholm Declaration. We are a network of over 40 countries and are still growing. We are seeking an intern to support our busy, international office in Berlin full-time from 3 December 2018 until 30 June 2019.
What we can offer you
- A paid position
- An international office in the centre of Berlin
- Insight into the Holocaust as an issue of contemporary, political relevance
- Experience in dealing with diplomats
- Flexible working hours, with core times to be agreed
- Opportunity to take on responsibility for your own projects
- A mentor to support you during your time with the IHRA
- Access to a network of more than 400 political representatives and experts
- Support the review and evaluation of project proposals for our Grant Strategy
- Edit and upload content to our website
- Collate our annual report in Word Press
- Distribute publications and promotional materials
- Support the planning of our bi-annual conference in May 2019 and other meetings, including event planning and travel booking
- Other administrative and organizational duties as required
- Your English is excellent (C1) and you speak good German (B2)
- You already have a bachelor degree, or equivalent experience
- You have a great eye for detail and are very organized
- You have strong writing and communication skills
- You are used to working independently
- You can handle complex, analytical tasks but also don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and taking care of practical tasks
- You are available to travel, as needed
- You have an interest in Holocaust-related issues and can deal with topics which are politically sensitive
How to Apply
We would love to see your CV, but please don’t write us a cover letter. Instead we would ask you to answer the following question in 150 words or less:
- Why do you think the work of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance is important?
Please submit your CV and short text as one single pdf document and send it to email@example.com with the title ‘Internship – You Name’ by 30 October 2018.
The IHRA is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages candidates to apply irrespective of national, religious, ethnic and social background.