Date: 25 January 2023
Time: 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
A Seminar of Shadows of Holocaust and Antisemitism in Finland, arranged by Holocaust Remembrance Association serves as a reminder of the cruelty of holocaust and serves to explore antisemitism in Finland. Speakers Minister will be Tytti Tuppurainen and the one and Ben Zyskowicz, the only Jewish Member of Finnish Parliament.
- Opening words – Antero Laukkanen, Member of Parliament, Chairman of the Anti-Semitism Group in Parliament
- Finland and the fight against antisemitism – Tytti Tuppurainen, Minister for European Affairs and Ownership Steering, Vice-Chair of the Anti-Semitism Group in Parliament
- Combating antisemitism as part of human rights work – Sirpa Rautio, Director of the Centre for Human Rights
- Antisemitism in Turku – Harry Serlo, Chairman of the Turku Jewish Congregation
- The importance of Holocaust remembrance in understanding antisemitism – Kimmo Sasi, Chairman of the Holocaust Remembrance Association
- Commentary and closing words – Ben Zyskowicz, Member of Parliament, member of the antisemitism group in parliament.
- Coffee service
The event will be hosted by Risto Huvila, secretary of the Finnish Parliament's antisemitism group and vice-chairman of the Holocaust Victims' Remembrance Association.
The language of the seminar is Finnish.
We ask participants to arrive at the security check between 14:30 and 14:50. Be prepared to prove your identity.