Communication Officer (Maternity cover)
Start date: 25 March 2020
Duration: 12 months
Are you a skilled writer with a great eye for an engaging image? Do you love strategizing about how to craft a message that will speak to your target audience? Do you enjoy finding ways to demonstrate the impact of your communication efforts?
The International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance unites governments and experts to strengthen, advance, and promote Holocaust education, remembrance, and research worldwide and to uphold the commitments of the 2000 Stockholm Declaration. We are a network of over 40 countries and are still growing.
- Oversee and implement IHRA’s communication strategy
- Create and manage our editorial calendar
- Liaise with IHRA’s Social Media Manager to ensure execution of IHRA’s digital strategy
- Create, edit and publish digital and print communication collateral, like our newsletter, reports, news articles and annual report
- Curate digital assets such as photos and videos
- Manage the IHRA website
- Coordinate Public Relations and media outreach with the support of our external PR company
- Monitor and report on impact of communication activities
- Research and prepare briefing materials, including talking points for the Executive Secretary and Chair;
- Masters degree in history, political science, sociology, communication, or related discipline or equivalent experience;
- Two years of relevant professional experience with a focus on writing and communication, preferably in an international environment;
- Your English is excellent (C2 CEFR) and you have at least a basic level of German (A2)
- You understand that good communication goes beyond posting content; you get excited about the strategic and engagement side of the equation and love analysing metrics to report on impact.
- You are used to organizing your own work and setting your own goals in a high-pressure and fast-paced office environment.
- You have an interest in Holocaust-related issues and can deal with topics which are politically sensitive.
- Basic knowledge of Indesign would be a big plus.
- You are available for business travel, incl. for the bi-annual week-long Plenary meetings.
What you can expect
- A 12 month time-limited contract
- 40 hours a week
- An office in the centre of Berlin
- Flexible working hours, with core times to be agreed
- Monthly remuneration of EUR 3800
How to Apply
- a letter of motivation (max. one page)
- your curriculum vitae
- a writing sample of maximum 2 pages
- two references
as one combined pdf with the title ‘Communication Officer – Your Name’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 January 2020.
Interviews will be held in Berlin from 28-30th January.
The IHRA cannot offer relocation support for candidates not already living in Berlin.
As the IHRA office will be closed until 6 January, you will not receive an answer to any questions until after that date.
The IHRA is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages candidates to apply irrespective of national, religious, ethnic and social background.